Apigenin is a nutrient that exists in green plants. It is not only found in celery. The apigenin on the market is mainly derived from chamomile. There are also a lot of medicinal plants such as Plantago and Trachelospermi Content, plant-derived beverages such as tea, wine, and some condiments are also widely distributed. In addition, a variety of fruits, vegetables, legumes, and tea, Scrophulariaceae, Polygonaceae Polygonum cuspidatum, Liliaceae Veratrum, and Pinaceae are also found in apigenin.
Apigenin is a flavonoid compound with a variety of biological activities. Its chemical structure is 4,5,7-genistein. Apigenin is a yellow needle-like crystal and is almost insoluble in water.
Pharmacological effects of apigenin：
1. It has the carcinogenic activity of inhibiting carcinogens;
2. As anti-disease drugs for the treatment of HIV and other viral infections;
3. Inhibitors of MAP kinase; treatment of various inflammations; antioxidants; sedation and tranquilization; lowering blood pressure.
4. Compared with other flavonoids (quercetin, flavonoids), it has the characteristics of low toxicity and no mutagenicity.
5. Apigenin is a bioflavonoid compound that can be found in various plants and herbs.
6. Play the role of reducing anxiety when taken in high doses. At higher doses, it can be a sedative.
What are the application fields of apigenin?
1.Apigenin can be used in cosmetics
1. Apigenin has strong absorbing ability to UVB ultraviolet rays and can protect against radiation damage.
2. Apigenin has strong anti-oxidant properties, and has a strong ability to capture various oxygen-containing free radicals, which can prevent the oxidative degradation of oils.
2.Apigenin can be used in hair care products
1. Apigenin also has anti-inflammatory activity and can prevent skin problems such as blister syndrome, keratosis, incomplete keratosis, etc.
2. Apigenin can relieve itchy scalp. Therefore, apigenin is more and more widely used in various functional cosmetics.
Apigenin extracted from chamomile has good biological activity, and apigenin has great utility in the fields of medicine and cosmetics.
Beton is a leading manufactory of apigenin powder. We have advanced production equipment and product quality assurance. If you are looking for this product, please contact us at [email protected]